- Long lasting smooth skin
- No cuts or irritation from a razor
- No dark, course, or itchy stubble Finer/thinner hair regrowth
- Slow regrowth too
- Eventually with consistent waxing and proper aftercare hair will stop growing
There is some pain involved as the hair follicle is larger than the pore it is coming out of but I strive to ensure your comfort throughout the entire process. I’ll check in with you multiple times throughout the service and chat to keep your mind distracted.
Remember, it is only 10-15 minutes of pain. The first time is the worst, but after that it won’t hurt as bad (unless you shave in between a wax or you are about to get your menstrual cycle)
For any part of the body, the hair should be 1/4 inch long or the length of a grain of rice which is typically two weeks of growth. If the hair longer, just leave it, there is no trimming needed.
*The longer the better* - you have 3 stages of hair growth so when it’s longer you will have a smoother wax plus it hurts less compared to when it’s too short and then just tugs on the hair without always pulling it out.
- A gentle exfoliation 1 or 2 day prior to your appointment will breakdown and loosen any built up dead skin cells around the base of the hair
- Take a warm shower or bath right before to open the pores
- Wear loose clothing to appointment if you can
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol 24 hours prior to the appointment
- Some find Tylenol or Ibuprofen helpful 30 minutes prior
- Wear cotton underwear
- Avoid tanning the day before and day of your wax as your skin will be sensitive
- Facial areas every 2-4 weeks
- Underarms every 2-3 weeks
- Bikini/Brazilian every 4 weeks
- All other body areas every 4-6 weeks
- Everyone is different with their hair type and how long they have been waxing. I will recommend a time frame of when to book next during your first visit.
Taking antibiotics or topical acne medications such as (but not limited to) Retinols, Epiduo, Accutane, Alpha hydroxy acids etc. can cause skin sensitivity and skin to lift when waxed.
You must be off Accutane for 6 months and retinol for at least 2 weeks before waxing.
-When you get to your appointment you will have to fill out a consent form
-I will explain how I wax and what I will be putting on your skin
-I will have you disrobe from the waste down. I will be in the room, but I will have my back towards you to give you your privacy
-Then we will wax which typically takes 10-15 minutes for the entire service
-Lastly I will have you get dressed and I will explain the proper after care and what you should avoid doing after your wax